There’s a new poll out that suggests Illinois voters support more “gun control.” Frank Main reported on the Chicago Sun-Times website last night:
A new poll shows widespread support among Illinois voters across the political spectrum for the gun-control proposals being debated in Washington and Springfield.
By a 4-1 ratio, voters said they were more likely to elect legislative candidates who backed strong gun-control measures, according to the poll by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner.
Those voters included gun owners, the poll found.
“Widespread support among Illinois voters” for more gun “control”?
Maybe in the Chicagoland area, where plenty of my neighbors like to tell themselves “The Rahmfather” will protect and care for them in a jam.
But considering what I know about the rest of the state- I’m not sure I buy the poll’s findings.
Neither do the folks over at the popular Chicago police blog Second City Cop, who are not only calling the poll a “propaganda piece,” but won’t even link to it.
Main added that the National Rifle Association’s chief lobbyist in Illinois, Todd Vandermyde, said the wording of some poll questions was biased.
The thing is, I can’t find the actual poll questions anywhere to analyze them myself.
More red flags:
• According to the Sun-Times, Washington, D.C.-based Greenberg Quinlan Rosner “does work” for Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, a unabashed supporter of gun “control”
• The Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence, a gun “control” group, commissioned the poll
• The release of the poll’s “findings” coincides with the massive gun “control” push this week at the various levels of government in the United States
Propaganda? May very well be.
Regardless, grad school/government work taught me not to put much stock in these things.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Main, Frank. “Majority of Illinoisans back gun-control proposals: poll.” Chicago Sun-Times. 9 Apr. 2013. (http://www.suntimes.com/19380736-761/majority-of-illinoisans-back-gun-control-proposals-poll.html). 10 Apr. 2013.
1 Comment to Poll: Illinois Voters Support More Gun ‘Control’
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?