“President Barack Obama has described al Qaeda as having been ‘decimated,’ ‘on the path to defeat’ or some other variation at least 32 times since the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, according to White House transcripts.”
-CNSNews.com, November 1, 2012
If the horrific explosions in Boston earlier today are confirmed to be the result of terrorism (MSNBC is still calling them “blasts”), I, for one, wouldn’t be surprised.
After all, I’ve constantly warned Survival And Prosperity readers that the threat of terrorism is alive and well these days, particularly from Muslim extremists.
Consider what I wrote on September 10, 2012:
Since I started blogging in 2007, I’ve noticed that complacency seems to be growing over a major terror attack by Al-Qaeda. I guess it’s only natural, considering the amount of time that has passed since September 11, 2001, and the successive blows suffered by the leadership of Al-Qaeda and their affiliates. Still, security was heightened in the U.S. with the 10-year anniversary of 9/11 and in Great Britain with the 2012 London Olympics. But as September 11 rolls around again tomorrow, and being informed that the terror group is big not only on anniversaries but on raising the bar on casualties, I sense a huge degree of complacency as it concerns another terror attack in the United States tomorrow and down the road…
Al-Qaeda is like the Rodney Dangerfield of terrorist organizations these days- can’t get no respect. Look at these recent headlines on some mainstream media websites:
“Terror takes back seat; Americans safer now”
-From the Associated Press on Yahoo! News, September 8, 2012
“Never have so few been able to frighten so many”
-Philly.com (joint project of The Philadelphia Inquirer and The Philadelphia Daily News, September 9, 2012)
“On anniversary of 9/11, fear is present but not all-consuming”
-The Boston Globe, September 10, 2012
There’s even this out of Hong Kong:
“Americans stop fretting about the threat of terrorism”
-South China Morning Post, September 10, 2012
I loathe Al-Qaeda as much as any other American. But let’s not call the outcome of the game (Al-Qaeda is now kaput) while it’s still in the early innings, as the next generation of terrorists- inspired by the American response and presence in the Middle East after 9/11- start to replace their predecessors who have been captured, incapacitated, and killed.
As such, keep watching your six, because I don’t think Al-Qaeda is all out of bullets just yet.
So, was today’s incident in Boston Al-Qaeda’s handiwork?
I don’t think so. From what I’ve learned about the terror group, their modus operandi would have demanded significantly more casualties than were suffered today. 9/11 is now supposedly the “bar.” An American Hiroshima- their “wet dream.” Remember their goal: 4 million Americans dead- 2 million of these children. Initial reports claimed the blast occurred well-after the first runners reached the finish line, when many reporters and news cameras had already departed. It’s widely-known Al-Qaeda recognizes the importance of the news media in broadcasting their message- and terrorist activity. Unless it’s subsequently discovered a glitch delayed the explosions, this doesn’t sound like an Al-Qaeda operation.
Plus, I understand that Al-Qaeda is fond of “celebrating” anniversaries. As far as I know, April 15 isn’t a significant date for them.
However, that’s not to say today’s carnage wasn’t the work of one of their affiliates. Or someone motivated by their cause.
Hopefully, time will tell exactly what transpired this afternoon in Boston. And if it was terrorism, who was behind it.
At which point, may justice be served.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?