“President Barack Obama has described al Qaeda as having been ‘decimated,’ ‘on the path to defeat’ or some other variation at least 32 times since the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, according to White House transcripts.”
-CNSNews.com, November 1, 2012
If the horrific explosions in Boston earlier today are confirmed to be the result of terrorism (MSNBC is still calling them “blasts”), I, for one, wouldn’t be surprised.
After all, I’ve constantly warned Survival And Prosperity readers that the threat of terrorism is alive and well these days, particularly from Muslim extremists.
Consider what I wrote on September 10, 2012:
Since I started blogging in 2007, I’ve noticed that complacency seems to be growing over a major terror attack by Al-Qaeda. I guess it’s only natural, considering the amount of time that has passed since September 11, 2001, and the successive blows suffered by the leadership of Al-Qaeda and their affiliates. Still, security was heightened in the U.S. with the 10-year anniversary of 9/11 and in Great Britain with the 2012 London Olympics. But as September 11 rolls around again tomorrow, and being informed that the terror group is big not only on anniversaries but on raising the bar on casualties, I sense a huge degree of complacency as it concerns another terror attack in the United States tomorrow and down the road…
Al-Qaeda is like the Rodney Dangerfield of terrorist organizations these days- can’t get no respect. Look at these recent headlines on some mainstream media websites:
“Terror takes back seat; Americans safer now”
-From the Associated Press on Yahoo! News, September 8, 2012
“Never have so few been able to frighten so many”
-Philly.com (joint project of The Philadelphia Inquirer and The Philadelphia Daily News, September 9, 2012)
“On anniversary of 9/11, fear is present but not all-consuming”
-The Boston Globe, September 10, 2012
There’s even this out of Hong Kong:
“Americans stop fretting about the threat of terrorism”
-South China Morning Post, September 10, 2012
I loathe Al-Qaeda as much as any other American. But let’s not call the outcome of the game (Al-Qaeda is now kaput) while it’s still in the early innings, as the next generation of terrorists- inspired by the American response and presence in the Middle East after 9/11- start to replace their predecessors who have been captured, incapacitated, and killed.
As such, keep watching your six, because I don’t think Al-Qaeda is all out of bullets just yet.
So, was today’s incident in Boston Al-Qaeda’s handiwork?
I don’t think so. From what I’ve learned about the terror group, their modus operandi would have demanded significantly more casualties than were suffered today. 9/11 is now supposedly the “bar.” An American Hiroshima- their “wet dream.” Remember their goal: 4 million Americans dead- 2 million of these children. Initial reports claimed the blast occurred well-after the first runners reached the finish line, when many reporters and news cameras had already departed. It’s widely-known Al-Qaeda recognizes the importance of the news media in broadcasting their message- and terrorist activity. Unless it’s subsequently discovered a glitch delayed the explosions, this doesn’t sound like an Al-Qaeda operation.
Plus, I understand that Al-Qaeda is fond of “celebrating” anniversaries. As far as I know, April 15 isn’t a significant date for them.
However, that’s not to say today’s carnage wasn’t the work of one of their affiliates. Or someone motivated by their cause.
Hopefully, time will tell exactly what transpired this afternoon in Boston. And if it was terrorism, who was behind it.
At which point, may justice be served.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Republican Candidates For Illinois Governor Split On ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban?
- Quotes For The Week
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas