The following is a list of U.S. Senators who crossed party lines on the Manchin-Toomey-Schumer proposal to expand firearm background checks. The amendment failed in the Senate Wednesday on a 54-46 vote.
Republicans who voted “yes” on expanding checks:
• John McCain (AZ)
• Mark Kirk (IL)
• Susan Collins (ME)
• Pat Toomey (PA)
Democrats who voted “no” on expanding checks:
• Mark Begich (AK)
• Mark Pryor (AR)
• Max Baucus (MT)
• Heidi Heitkamp (ND)
• Harry Reid (NV)
Harry Reid voted “no”?
According to the FOX News website yesterday:
Reid only voted no for procedural reasons, so that Democrats can call up the provision later on.
By the way, I’m not sure I’d call Senator Kirk from Illinois “Republican” anymore. The word is out around Illinois he’s really a RINO (“Republican In Name Only”). I’ve got to believe he’ll have his hands full trying to fend off both Republican and Democratic challengers for his seat when his term expires in 2016.
Anyway, take note and factor into your vote the next time these candidates come up for election.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“Senators who crossed party lines on background check vote.” FOX News. 17 Apr. 2013. (http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2013/04/17/senators-who-crossed-party-lines-background-check-vote/). 18 Apr. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Riot-Inspired Purchases During The Ferguson And 2011 England Unrest
- Future Riots In Store For Ferguson, Missouri, And Elsewhere In U.S.?
- This Is What A Good Old Fashioned Chicago Riot Looks Like
- 1992 Los Angeles Riots: ‘There Are No Atheists In Foxholes; There Are No Liberals In Riots’
- JM Bullion Has Silver Britannia, Silver Wood Bison Coins On Sale
- Peter Schiff Bullish On Foreign Stocks, Gold, And Silver
- Marc Faber: ‘The Gold Market Has Bottomed-Out’
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana