The following is a list of U.S. Senators who crossed party lines on the Manchin-Toomey-Schumer proposal to expand firearm background checks. The amendment failed in the Senate Wednesday on a 54-46 vote.
Republicans who voted “yes” on expanding checks:
• John McCain (AZ)
• Mark Kirk (IL)
• Susan Collins (ME)
• Pat Toomey (PA)
Democrats who voted “no” on expanding checks:
• Mark Begich (AK)
• Mark Pryor (AR)
• Max Baucus (MT)
• Heidi Heitkamp (ND)
• Harry Reid (NV)
Harry Reid voted “no”?
According to the FOX News website yesterday:
Reid only voted no for procedural reasons, so that Democrats can call up the provision later on.
By the way, I’m not sure I’d call Senator Kirk from Illinois “Republican” anymore. The word is out around Illinois he’s really a RINO (“Republican In Name Only”). I’ve got to believe he’ll have his hands full trying to fend off both Republican and Democratic challengers for his seat when his term expires in 2016.
Anyway, take note and factor into your vote the next time these candidates come up for election.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“Senators who crossed party lines on background check vote.” FOX News. 17 Apr. 2013. (http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2013/04/17/senators-who-crossed-party-lines-background-check-vote/). 18 Apr. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Project Prepper, Part 22: The Nutnfancy Project’s Emergency Water Storage Video
- Cyber Monday Sale Continues At Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center
- 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- WSJ Calls Proposed ‘Fix’ To Illinois Public Pension Crisis ‘Fake’
- Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Americans And ‘EU Passport’-Holding Jihadists Fighting In Syria Scrutinized As Potential Terrorists
- Why Illinois Lawmakers Chose Tuesday To Possibly ‘Fix’ The State’s Public Pension Crisis
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70