The following is a list of U.S. Senators who crossed party lines on the Manchin-Toomey-Schumer proposal to expand firearm background checks. The amendment failed in the Senate Wednesday on a 54-46 vote.
Republicans who voted “yes” on expanding checks:
• John McCain (AZ)
• Mark Kirk (IL)
• Susan Collins (ME)
• Pat Toomey (PA)
Democrats who voted “no” on expanding checks:
• Mark Begich (AK)
• Mark Pryor (AR)
• Max Baucus (MT)
• Heidi Heitkamp (ND)
• Harry Reid (NV)
Harry Reid voted “no”?
According to the FOX News website yesterday:
Reid only voted no for procedural reasons, so that Democrats can call up the provision later on.
By the way, I’m not sure I’d call Senator Kirk from Illinois “Republican” anymore. The word is out around Illinois he’s really a RINO (“Republican In Name Only”). I’ve got to believe he’ll have his hands full trying to fend off both Republican and Democratic challengers for his seat when his term expires in 2016.
Anyway, take note and factor into your vote the next time these candidates come up for election.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“Senators who crossed party lines on background check vote.” FOX News. 17 Apr. 2013. (http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2013/04/17/senators-who-crossed-party-lines-background-check-vote/). 18 Apr. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas