Another day, another firearms-related ban proposed in Illinois. From the National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action website yesterday:
Illinois: Amendment to Ban Standard Capacity Magazines to be Considered
Today, an anti-gun amendment was offered to Senate Bill 1002, turning this bill into another vehicle for gun control. Sponsored by state Senator Antonio Munoz (D-1), this amendment seeks to ban the possession, purchase, manufacture, sale or delivery of all magazines in Illinois that can hold more than ten rounds of ammunition or that can be readily converted to do this. Further, Illinois residents would have ninety days to surrender or dispose of any of these magazines they already possess. In a state that is under court order to enact concealed carry reform laws for the self-defense of its citizens, this restriction on standard capacity magazines is a step in the wrong direction.
By limiting the capacity of rounds in a magazine, state legislators are directly targeting law-abiding gun owners since these magazines are standard for many commonly owned firearms used for self-defense. Violent criminals are not going to obey a magazine capacity restriction any more than they comply with gun bans or other forms of gun control. This amendment provides no solution to current crime problems in Illinois and only seeks to further disarm and punish law-abiding citizens.
It is important that you contact your state senator TODAY and respectfully urge him or her to uphold Illinoisans’ right to self-defense by opposing Amendment 1 to Senate Bill 1002.
Contact information for your state Senator can be found here.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?