Another day, another firearms-related ban proposed in Illinois. From the National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action website yesterday:
Illinois: Amendment to Ban Standard Capacity Magazines to be Considered
Today, an anti-gun amendment was offered to Senate Bill 1002, turning this bill into another vehicle for gun control. Sponsored by state Senator Antonio Munoz (D-1), this amendment seeks to ban the possession, purchase, manufacture, sale or delivery of all magazines in Illinois that can hold more than ten rounds of ammunition or that can be readily converted to do this. Further, Illinois residents would have ninety days to surrender or dispose of any of these magazines they already possess. In a state that is under court order to enact concealed carry reform laws for the self-defense of its citizens, this restriction on standard capacity magazines is a step in the wrong direction.
By limiting the capacity of rounds in a magazine, state legislators are directly targeting law-abiding gun owners since these magazines are standard for many commonly owned firearms used for self-defense. Violent criminals are not going to obey a magazine capacity restriction any more than they comply with gun bans or other forms of gun control. This amendment provides no solution to current crime problems in Illinois and only seeks to further disarm and punish law-abiding citizens.
It is important that you contact your state senator TODAY and respectfully urge him or her to uphold Illinoisans’ right to self-defense by opposing Amendment 1 to Senate Bill 1002.
Contact information for your state Senator can be found here.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Riot-Inspired Purchases During The Ferguson And 2011 England Unrest
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana