“Just wait for next week. 10 round mag limit bills and semi-auto ban bills may surface next week. They will pull out all the stops to distract us from the fight on CCW. I wouldn’t be surprised that they USE the traumatized parents of Connecticut to push their agenda.
Its sad that the traumatized Connecticut parents have to be used to take away our rights to defend our children from a similar fate.”
-Anonymous comment, Second City Cop blog, May 18, 2013
On Sunday, May 19, it was announced that some parents of children who were victims of the shooting that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, last December were due to arrive in Chicago as area Democrats push for a ban on standard-capacity ammunition magazines. From the WGN Chicago website yesterday:
Governor Pat Quinn will meet with parents of the Newtown, Connecticut school shooting victims today at the Thompson Center.
They are working together to urge Illinois lawmakers to ban the sale of high-capacity ammunition magazines.
(Editor’s note: Going forward, high-capacity ammunition magazines will be defined as having more capacity than what is generally run in that firearm- 40-round magazine in a Kalashnikov, for example- and standard-capacity magazines are having the typical capacity that is run in the firearm- 30-round magazine in an AK or AR, or 20-rounder in an M1A, for example).
Gregory Pratt added on the Chicago Tribune website last night:
Quinn, Senate President John Cullerton, D-Chicago, and Sen. Dan Kotowski, D-Park Ridge, joined the parents in calling on state legislators to pass the bill banning the delivery and sale of ammunition magazines that contain more than 10 rounds.
Under that legislation, introduced Friday by Kotowski, the sale or delivery of these magazines would be punishable by a maximum of three years in prison. It would also make the use of a high-capacity magazine during a crime an aggravating factor leading to a stiffer penalty, Kotowski said.
The legislation being referred to here is Senate Bill 1002, “Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning the short title.”
Should this gun “control” legislation be enacted:
A person who knowingly delivers, sells, or transfers, or causes to be delivered, sold, or transferred… a large capacity ammunition feeding device capable of holding more than 10 rounds but not more than 17 rounds of ammunition commits a Class 4 felony for a first violation and a Class 3 felony for a second or subsequent violation.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
And if it’s a 20- or 30-round standard-capacity ammunition magazine that’s involved:
A person who knowingly delivers, sells, or transfers, or causes to be delivered, sold, or transferred… a large capacity ammunition feeding device capable of holding more than 17 rounds commits a Class 3 felony for a first violation and a Class 2 felony for a second or subsequent violation.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
If this legislation sounds familiar to Survival And Prosperity readers, that’s because I blogged about it on May 10, when State Senator Antonio Muñoz (D-Chicago) was still the chief sponsor, not Kotowski from the suburbs.
More information about the proposed Illinois Senate bill can be found here on the LegisScan website.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
SCC. “Flawed Concealed Carry Dies in Springfield.” Second City Cop. 18 May 2013. (http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2013/05/flawed-concealed-carry-dies-in.html). 20 May 2013.
WGN Web Desk. “Gov. Quinn to meet with families of Newtown shooting victims.” WGN Chicago. 19 May 2013. (http://wgntv.com/2013/05/19/gov-quinn-to-meet-with-families-of-newtown-shooting-victims/). 20 May 2013.
Pratt, Gregory. “Newtown parents join Quinn to call for ban on high-capacity ammo magazines.” Chicago Tribune. 19 May 2013. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-newtown-parents-join-quinn-to-call-for-ban-on-highcapacity-ammo-magazines-20130519,0,5894367.story). 20 May 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
360,266 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- JM Bullion’s 2014 Silver Eagle $2.45 Over Spot Any Quantity Sale Ends Tonight
- More Convicts To Be Released Early Nationwide
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy Keeps Pushing For More Gun ‘Control’ Laws
- Project Prepper, Part 27: Transferring Pre-Owned Gear, Supplies To The New Everyday Carry Bag
- Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- IEMA: First-Ever America’s PrepareAthon! To Be Held On April 30
- Go-To Gear For When The Lights Go Out
- Status Of West Coast Earthquake Early Warning System
- Chicago-Area Lakes Hit By Bad Fish Kill
- Chicago Gangs Completely Out Of Control?
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- peter G on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- Cei mai multi dintre noi nu sintem pregatiti pentru situatia economica cataclismica care va veni. Putem face ceva sau vom fi victime sigure? | Lupul Dacic on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- The nation of America is folding up under divine chastisement | on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Springfield, Illinois, Named America’s 3rd Most Dangerous City
- Erric on Springfield, Illinois, Named America’s 3rd Most Dangerous City
- GLOBAL IMPLOSION AND WHY THE INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND JUST LIED TO THE ENTIRE WORLD | sreaves32 on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Guest Post: 16 Signs That Most Americans Are Not Prepared For The Coming Economic Collapse on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- 16 Signs That Most Americans Are NOT PREPARED For The Coming Economic Collapse | 2012: What's the 'real' truth? on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- A Pocketful of Mumbles | OccurrencesDomesticForeign on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…