Looks like Chicagoland could be in for a rough ride Wednesday. From the National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office website this morning:
AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL
1121 AM CDT WED JUN 12 2013…
WIDESPREAD SEVERE WEATHER OUTBREAK ACROSS THE REGION EXPECTED LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING INCLUDING TORNADIC POTENTIAL IN NORTH CENTRAL IL LATE THIS AFTERNOON…
THE EVENING TIME PERIOD SHOULD SEE THE MOST COVERAGE OF SEVERE CONVECTION IN THE FORECAST AREA AND WILL BE THE PRIME TIME FOR CHICAGOLAND. THE LOW-LEVEL JET IS FORECAST TO INCREASE TO 40-50 KT AND POINT INTO THE ONGOING CONVECTION. SOME SCATTERED CONVECTIVE DEVELOPMENT… POTENTIALLY SEVERE AND SURFACE BASED… EAST AND SOUTH OF THIS IS FAVORED DURING THE EVE. SUFFICIENT DEEP LAYER SHEAR AND RICH LOW-LEVEL MOISTURE WILL OFFER AMPLE WIND THREAT WITH THE ORGANIZED CONVECTIVE CLUSTERS. WITH THE SURFACE LOW PROJECTED TO TRACK EAST NEAR THE I-88 CORRIDOR… THERE IS INCREASING LIKELIHOOD THAT THE MAIN MCV/MCS WILL DEVELOP NEAR THIS CORRIDOR AS WELL. A MAJORITY OF THE EXPLICIT GUIDANCE DOES INDICATE THIS. VERY HEAVY RAINFALL AND AN ENHANCED WIND THREAT WILL EXIST WITH THIS… WHICH WOULD LIKELY IMPACT CHICAGO IN THE 6-10 PM TIME FRAME.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
The Chicago Sun-Times is warning of “destructive ‘derecho’ winds blowing 75 mph, golf ball-sized hail, flash flooding and even tornadoes” on the top of its website as I type this.
Prepare accordingly. And for updates on the predicted severe weather you can visit the NWS-Chicago “Severe Weather Briefing Page” here.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana