Speaking of the well-known investor and seemingly everything else Jim Rogers, he’s in the financial news these days for reiterating his bullishness of the Chinese renminbi, or yuan, as it’s more commonly called around these parts. Sophie Song reported on the International Business Times website late last week:
Famed investor and co-founder of the Quantum Fund, Jim Rogers said in Shanghai that he expects renminbi, China’s currency, to appreciate 300, 400 or even 500 percent in the next 20 to 30 years, stunning and prompting a debate in the forex industry.
Rogers also indicated that the yuan may replace the dollar one day, Daily Economic News, a Chinese financial and economic news portal, reported.
“If anyone wants to sell renminbi, I’d be willing to buy,” Rogers said. Compared to the yuan’s value in 2005, Rogers expects it to appreciate by as much as 500 percent in the future.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
The Singapore-based investor has been bullish on the Chinese currency for a number of years now. Steven C. Johnson wrote on the Reuters website back on April 10, 2007:
China’s yuan has further to climb against the dollar and could rise by up to 500 percent over the next 20 years, U.S. fund manager Jim Rogers said Tuesday at the Reuters Hedge Funds and Private Equity Summit.
Rogers, who co-founded Quantum hedge fund with billionaire investor George Soros in the 1970s, urged investors to hold the yuan and said he is “extremely bearish” on the U.S. dollar.
“It’s going to go a lot higher,” he said, adding he holds yuan in two Chinese bank accounts.
I think it would be interesting to find out how Americans can own the Chinese renminbi. Keep an eye out for a follow-up post.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s notes: Info added to “Crash Prophets” page; I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein.)
Song, Sophie. “China’s Currency Could Appreciate 500% In Next Three Decades, Investor Jim Rogers Says.” International Business Times. 6 June 2013. (http://www.ibtimes.com/chinas-currency-could-appreciate-500-next-three-decades-investor-jim-rogers-says-1294517#). 14 June 2013.
Johnson, Steven C. “Jim Rogers says China’s yuan headed higher.” Reuters. 10 Apr. 2007. (http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/04/11/us-funds-summit-yuan-idUSN1043707420070411). 13 June 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?