Speaking of the well-known investor and seemingly everything else Jim Rogers, he’s in the financial news these days for reiterating his bullishness of the Chinese renminbi, or yuan, as it’s more commonly called around these parts. Sophie Song reported on the International Business Times website late last week:
Famed investor and co-founder of the Quantum Fund, Jim Rogers said in Shanghai that he expects renminbi, China’s currency, to appreciate 300, 400 or even 500 percent in the next 20 to 30 years, stunning and prompting a debate in the forex industry.
Rogers also indicated that the yuan may replace the dollar one day, Daily Economic News, a Chinese financial and economic news portal, reported.
“If anyone wants to sell renminbi, I’d be willing to buy,” Rogers said. Compared to the yuan’s value in 2005, Rogers expects it to appreciate by as much as 500 percent in the future.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
The Singapore-based investor has been bullish on the Chinese currency for a number of years now. Steven C. Johnson wrote on the Reuters website back on April 10, 2007:
China’s yuan has further to climb against the dollar and could rise by up to 500 percent over the next 20 years, U.S. fund manager Jim Rogers said Tuesday at the Reuters Hedge Funds and Private Equity Summit.
Rogers, who co-founded Quantum hedge fund with billionaire investor George Soros in the 1970s, urged investors to hold the yuan and said he is “extremely bearish” on the U.S. dollar.
“It’s going to go a lot higher,” he said, adding he holds yuan in two Chinese bank accounts.
I think it would be interesting to find out how Americans can own the Chinese renminbi. Keep an eye out for a follow-up post.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s notes: Info added to “Crash Prophets” page; I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein.)
Song, Sophie. “China’s Currency Could Appreciate 500% In Next Three Decades, Investor Jim Rogers Says.” International Business Times. 6 June 2013. (http://www.ibtimes.com/chinas-currency-could-appreciate-500-next-three-decades-investor-jim-rogers-says-1294517#). 14 June 2013.
Johnson, Steven C. “Jim Rogers says China’s yuan headed higher.” Reuters. 10 Apr. 2007. (http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/04/11/us-funds-summit-yuan-idUSN1043707420070411). 13 June 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Study: Illinois Government Bloated With 6,963 Local Governing Bodies
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Project Prepper, Part 22: The Nutnfancy Project’s Emergency Water Storage Video
- Cyber Monday Sale Continues At Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center
- 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70