Wisconsin Bill Would Bar Local, State Cops From Enforcing Unconstitutional Federal Gun ‘Control’ Measures
Besides still blogging about Chicago after my recent move to the suburbs, I’ll also be discussing personal and financial safety issues related to Wisconsin- where a family residence is located- from time to time.
And on the topic of personal safety, there’s this June 11 press release out of the office of Wisconsin State Representative Michael Schraa (R-Algoma):
Rep. Schraa releases Firearms Freedom Act
(Madison, WI) – State Representative Michael Schraa announced legislation today to protect Wisconsin from unconstitutional gun control measures being pushed on the federal level. The bill would bar local and state law enforcement officers from assisting in the enforcement of federal measures to ban certain firearms, firearm accessories, magazines, or types of bullets.
“This bill, the Firearms Freedom Act, sends a simple message to the federal government,” said Schraa (R – Oshkosh). “Wisconsin will not help you take away our second amendment rights.”
The bill’s provisions against enforcing certain federal gun control measures only apply to local and state law enforcement officers, and do not in any way affect federal law enforcement officers. This approach is similar in legal precedence to certain states’ stances on minor drug violations, that local and state law enforcement do not enforce certain federal laws, but do not interfere with federal law enforcement activities.
Also included in the legislation is protections for officers from demotion, termination, or other punishment for following this law. The language of the protections is taken directly from the Law Enforcement Officers’ Bill of Rights that already exists in state statute.
The bill would also bar a physician, other than a psychiatrist, from requiring a patient to disclose if they own firearms. In January, President Barack Obama through executive action made it his administration’s official stance that no federal law is stopping doctors from asking patients about gun ownership.
“Owning a firearm, or not owning a firearm, is a personal decision that has nothing to do with your physical health,” said Schraa. “Patients should not feel intimidated or harassed by their physicians over the exercise of a constitutional right.”
Another provision of the bill declares that firearms manufactured in Wisconsin and including the stamp “Made in Wisconsin” is not subject to federal interstate commerce regulation as the firearm has not traveled between states.
According to The Council of State Governments, over 30 states are considering similar bills, and eight have already enacted similar measures.
Rep. Schraa lives in the Town of Algoma near Oshkosh. He serves the 53rd Assembly District, which is comprised of 17 villages and towns and three cities. The northern area covers the Town of Oshkosh and several wards in the City of Oshkosh, west from the Town of Algoma to Omro and south covering the City of Waupun and the Village of North Fond du Lac.
You can read Schraa’s proposed Firearms Freedom Act on the Wisconsin State Legislature web site here.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana