Wisconsin Bill Would Bar Local, State Cops From Enforcing Unconstitutional Federal Gun ‘Control’ Measures
Besides still blogging about Chicago after my recent move to the suburbs, I’ll also be discussing personal and financial safety issues related to Wisconsin- where a family residence is located- from time to time.
And on the topic of personal safety, there’s this June 11 press release out of the office of Wisconsin State Representative Michael Schraa (R-Algoma):
Rep. Schraa releases Firearms Freedom Act
(Madison, WI) – State Representative Michael Schraa announced legislation today to protect Wisconsin from unconstitutional gun control measures being pushed on the federal level. The bill would bar local and state law enforcement officers from assisting in the enforcement of federal measures to ban certain firearms, firearm accessories, magazines, or types of bullets.
“This bill, the Firearms Freedom Act, sends a simple message to the federal government,” said Schraa (R – Oshkosh). “Wisconsin will not help you take away our second amendment rights.”
The bill’s provisions against enforcing certain federal gun control measures only apply to local and state law enforcement officers, and do not in any way affect federal law enforcement officers. This approach is similar in legal precedence to certain states’ stances on minor drug violations, that local and state law enforcement do not enforce certain federal laws, but do not interfere with federal law enforcement activities.
Also included in the legislation is protections for officers from demotion, termination, or other punishment for following this law. The language of the protections is taken directly from the Law Enforcement Officers’ Bill of Rights that already exists in state statute.
The bill would also bar a physician, other than a psychiatrist, from requiring a patient to disclose if they own firearms. In January, President Barack Obama through executive action made it his administration’s official stance that no federal law is stopping doctors from asking patients about gun ownership.
“Owning a firearm, or not owning a firearm, is a personal decision that has nothing to do with your physical health,” said Schraa. “Patients should not feel intimidated or harassed by their physicians over the exercise of a constitutional right.”
Another provision of the bill declares that firearms manufactured in Wisconsin and including the stamp “Made in Wisconsin” is not subject to federal interstate commerce regulation as the firearm has not traveled between states.
According to The Council of State Governments, over 30 states are considering similar bills, and eight have already enacted similar measures.
Rep. Schraa lives in the Town of Algoma near Oshkosh. He serves the 53rd Assembly District, which is comprised of 17 villages and towns and three cities. The northern area covers the Town of Oshkosh and several wards in the City of Oshkosh, west from the Town of Algoma to Omro and south covering the City of Waupun and the Village of North Fond du Lac.
You can read Schraa’s proposed Firearms Freedom Act on the Wisconsin State Legislature web site here.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- 2013 Nobel Prize Winner Warns Of Possible Recession Next Year
- ‘Earthquake Lady’ Warns ‘Imagine America Without Los Angeles’
- Chicago Aldermen Push For Styrofoam, Polystyrene Food Container Ban
- Solar Scientist: July 2012 Coronal Mass Ejection And 1859 Carrington Event Show Need To Prepare
- Project Prepper, Part 23: Removing That Military Surplus Smell
- Chicago-Area Forest Preserves: Use With Caution
- Is This What A Prepper Expo Is Really Like?
- Chicago-Area Winter Survival Training Camp Planned For This Weekend
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- tj & the bear on ‘Earthquake Lady’ Warns ‘Imagine America Without Los Angeles’
- Rob Dawg on ‘Earthquake Lady’ Warns ‘Imagine America Without Los Angeles’
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?