July 22. That’s the new deadline set by the U.S. Supreme Court for Illinois to put a concealed-carry law in place. From an Associated Press-authored piece in The State Journal-Register yesterday:
The U.S. Supreme Court granted an extension Tuesday for Illinois’s attorney general to decide whether to appeal a court order permitting the state’s gun owners to carry concealed firearms.
Justice Elena Kagan granted a delay until July 22, essentially a second 30 days of leeway that allows Attorney General Lisa Madigan time to craft a response.
The U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals struck down Illinois’ ban on concealed-carry back in December 2012 and set a June 9 deadline for the state to have a CCW law on the books. The appellate court subsequently pushed that back to July 9 at the request of the Illinois Attorney General, saying it wouldn’t allow another extension.
Seeing that both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly passed the concealed-carry legislation (Illinois House Bill 183) with more than the three-fifths vote needed to override Illinois Governor Quinn if he offers changes/vetoes the bill, it’s suspected by some that the extensions are no more than stalling tactics to give Illinois municipalities the chance to pass so-called “assault weapon” bans before the CCW legislation awaiting the Governor’s signature prohibits it.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
O’Connor, John. “Lisa Madigan gets guns delay; Speaker Madigan wants bill OK’d.” Associated Press. 18 June 2013. (http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x871007557/U-S-Supreme-Court-grants-Madigan-more-time-on-guns#axzz2WfY18WW1). 19 June 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Riot-Inspired Purchases During The Ferguson And 2011 England Unrest
- Future Riots In Store For Ferguson, Missouri, And Elsewhere In U.S.?
- This Is What A Good Old Fashioned Chicago Riot Looks Like
- 1992 Los Angeles Riots: ‘There Are No Atheists In Foxholes; There Are No Liberals In Riots’
- JM Bullion Has Silver Britannia, Silver Wood Bison Coins On Sale
- Peter Schiff Bullish On Foreign Stocks, Gold, And Silver
- Marc Faber: ‘The Gold Market Has Bottomed-Out’
- 22 States Now Recognize Illinois Concealed Carry License
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana