In the coming weeks, the folks who brought you Doomsday Preppers- the National Geographic Channel- will be rolling out two new survival/prepper-themed TV shows.
First, there’s Doomsday Castle.
I first got wind of Doomsday Castle back in the spring. From the Nat Geo Channel website:
Castles were the ultimate homes for the original preppers – kings and noblemen, who were under constant threat from neighboring enemies. But for American prepper Brent, a castle is the perfect defense for the doomsday scenario he fears will set the world back to the Dark Ages – an electromagnetic burst that causes massive power grid failure. Brent, with the help of his children, is on a quest to finish his towering castle that is isolated deep in the Carolina mountains. But the apocalypse he fears might shy in comparison to the clash of characters of his five children as they try to live and work together to prepare for the worst. If doomsday comes, will this family survive to rule the mountains, or will it self-destruct before the castle is ever completed?
Prepper Brent. Several children. A castle in the Carolina mountains. Any of this sound familiar to fans/followers of the Doomsday Preppers TV series? Brent, his family, and his castle starred in season 2 of the popular show in the episode entitled “No Such Thing As a Fair Fight.” From the Nat Geo Doomsday Preppers web page:
Businessman by day, prepper by night. Brent lives in fear of an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) that will make the world go dark, leaving his family of 12 with nothing. To prep for life after the EMP, Brent has constructed a medieval-style castle that will serve as the ultimate bug-out fortress.
On August 13 at 10 PM Eastern Time, “Before The Flood” debuts. According to the show’s webpage:
Brent Sr., a retired infantry officer, recruits his children to help him finish building his doomsday castle, a completely self-sufficient fortress of refuge for the end of days. His children are shocked at the conditions of the bunker, and Brent II even calls it a “hoarder’s paradise.” The first tasks are building a drawbridge for the front door and cleaning out the bunker, where the family will live during construction.
Followed by “A Stone From the Sling” on August 20:
With only MREs to eat, Brent Sr. challenges the kids to start looking for other food alternatives. Heading to a local chicken farm, Lindsey and Ashley attempt to catch their own chickens — a great renewable resource providing eggs almost daily. But tempers flare as they start working on building a chicken coop to house the newest members of the family. Meanwhile, Brent Sr. and Dawn Marie build a catapult to be able to defend the castle from intruders.
Next up is American Blackout. There’s not much material out there on the Internet about the two-hour docu-drama that scheduled to air later in the fall. But AJ Marechal wrote on the Variety website back on March 24:
The Nat Geo team is particularly excited about “American Blackout,” a recently greenlit two-hour special that Lyle describes as “like ‘Cloverfield,’ with a touch of ‘Blair Witch’ and ‘War of the Worlds.’”
From Raw TV Limited, “Blackout” imagines the first two weeks immediately following a catastrophic blackout and how preppers would react to the disaster. Complementing themes seen in “Doomsday Preppers,” [National Geographic Channels president Howard T.] Owens says the special will “be filmed as a full-throttle disaster movie.”
Very cool. I look forward to viewing both new projects from the National Geographic Channel… if my girlfriend and I have our satellite TV reinstalled by then.
For more on Doomsday Castle, you can visit the show’s page on the Nat Geo site here.
Have a great weekend.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Marcehal, AJ. “Upfront: Nat Geo Hopes to Build on Strong 2012.” Variety. 24 Mar. 2013. (http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/upfront-nat-geo-nat-geo-wild-evolution-continues-as-ratings-boom-1200327910/). 26 July 2013.
4 Comments to National Geographic Channel Presents Doomsday Castle, American Blackout
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Chicago-Area Forest Preserves: Use With Caution
- Is This What A Prepper Expo Is Really Like?
- Chicago-Area Winter Survival Training Camp Planned For This Weekend
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?