AmmoLand.com, September 11, 2009:
S.W.A.T. Magazine, the source readers trust for the information about the training and gear they need to survive, and prevail, in the real world, today announced the launch of its new television show, S.W.A.T. Magazine TV on the Outdoor Channel premiering in January 2010 every Wednesday at 7:30pm EST.
The show will bring the same professionalism, integrity and thorough insight that have been provided from the magazine over the past 25 years. Guests will include S.W.A.T. Staff Writers, Instructors, Industry Representatives and people interested in developing their firearms knowledge and skills.
Featured guests include Louis Awerbuck, Tony Blauer, Travis Haley and James Yeager as well as lesser known instructors currently active in the military and law enforcement professions.
I remember catching a couple of episodes of S.W.A.T. Magazine TV on the Outdoor Channel. Really good stuff. But I figured it was intended primarily for viewers with a law enforcement background.
I was wrong.
You see, S.W.A.T.- as it concerns this magazine- stands for “Survival Weapons and Tactics” rather than “Special Weapons and Tactics” or “Special Weapons Assault Team” from police terminology. From the S.W.A.T. Magazine TV show intro:
We’re going to introduce you to the training, the teams, the gear, and the instructors that drive the military, law enforcement, and armed personal security industry. And we’re going to show you how they apply to you. The skills, the techniques, and the gear in your preparations for personal or home defense or your enjoyment of the shooting sports.
Now, I’m not sure when S.W.A.T. Magazine TV’s run came to an end. However, I just found out that there were a bunch of episodes- try 8 of them- that never aired.
But Rob Pincus, the former host of S.W.A.T. Magazine TV and now Managing Editor at Personal Defense Network, announced earlier this year they would air via PDN:
“S.W.A.T. Magazine TV’s ‘Lost Episodes’ to air on Personal Defense Network!”
The 8 “lost episodes” focus on (in order):
• School attack
• School attacker aftermath
• Fighting while in contact
• Rifle transitions and barricades
• Use of cover
• Applying precision rifle skills
Interesting stuff. I hope a number of readers find this useful. From what I understand there’s over 3 hours of material here.
To find out more about S.W.A.T. Magazine, visit their website here.
To learn more about Personal Defense Network, visit them here.
Finally, to watch the “lost episodes” of S.W.A.T. Magazine TV, visit the Personal Defense Network playlist for them here on YouTube.com.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Is This What A Prepper Expo Is Really Like?
- Chicago-Area Winter Survival Training Camp Planned For This Weekend
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?