AmmoLand.com, September 11, 2009:
S.W.A.T. Magazine, the source readers trust for the information about the training and gear they need to survive, and prevail, in the real world, today announced the launch of its new television show, S.W.A.T. Magazine TV on the Outdoor Channel premiering in January 2010 every Wednesday at 7:30pm EST.
The show will bring the same professionalism, integrity and thorough insight that have been provided from the magazine over the past 25 years. Guests will include S.W.A.T. Staff Writers, Instructors, Industry Representatives and people interested in developing their firearms knowledge and skills.
Featured guests include Louis Awerbuck, Tony Blauer, Travis Haley and James Yeager as well as lesser known instructors currently active in the military and law enforcement professions.
I remember catching a couple of episodes of S.W.A.T. Magazine TV on the Outdoor Channel. Really good stuff. But I figured it was intended primarily for viewers with a law enforcement background.
I was wrong.
You see, S.W.A.T.- as it concerns this magazine- stands for “Survival Weapons and Tactics” rather than “Special Weapons and Tactics” or “Special Weapons Assault Team” from police terminology. From the S.W.A.T. Magazine TV show intro:
We’re going to introduce you to the training, the teams, the gear, and the instructors that drive the military, law enforcement, and armed personal security industry. And we’re going to show you how they apply to you. The skills, the techniques, and the gear in your preparations for personal or home defense or your enjoyment of the shooting sports.
Now, I’m not sure when S.W.A.T. Magazine TV’s run came to an end. However, I just found out that there were a bunch of episodes- try 8 of them- that never aired.
But Rob Pincus, the former host of S.W.A.T. Magazine TV and now Managing Editor at Personal Defense Network, announced earlier this year they would air via PDN:
“S.W.A.T. Magazine TV’s ‘Lost Episodes’ to air on Personal Defense Network!”
The 8 “lost episodes” focus on (in order):
• School attack
• School attacker aftermath
• Fighting while in contact
• Rifle transitions and barricades
• Use of cover
• Applying precision rifle skills
Interesting stuff. I hope a number of readers find this useful. From what I understand there’s over 3 hours of material here.
To find out more about S.W.A.T. Magazine, visit their website here.
To learn more about Personal Defense Network, visit them here.
Finally, to watch the “lost episodes” of S.W.A.T. Magazine TV, visit the Personal Defense Network playlist for them here on YouTube.com.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Riot-Inspired Purchases During The Ferguson And 2011 England Unrest
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?