Throughout the years, I’ve heard Chicago-area residents- teachers included- talk about how screwed-up Chicago’s public school system is.
I am not a “product” or employee of the system, so I really can’t pass judgement either way.
However, after reading the following on the CBS Chicago website this morning, a clearer picture emerges as to why critics might think this way about the CPS:
Some people may think a five-year old is too young for sex education.
Administrators with Chicago Public schools do not.
New to the curriculum this year, mandatory sexual and health education for kindergarten classes.
CBS Chicago Video
Back in September 2012, the U.S. Department of Education found 79 percent of Chicago Public Schools 8th graders are not grade-level proficient in reading and 80 percent are not grade-level proficient in math.
Perhaps CPS administrators might want to steer their kindergarteners’ focus more towards reading and math instead of sex ed.
Just a thought.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“CPS Mandates Sexual, Health Education For Kindergarten.” CBS Chicago. 29 Aug. 2013. (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/08/29/cps-mandates-sexual-health-education-for-kindergartners/). 30 Aug. 2013.
Jeffrey, Terence P. “U.S. Department of Education: 79% of Chicago 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading.” CNSNews.com. 10 Sep. 2012. (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-department-education-79-chicago-8th-graders-not-proficient-reading). 30 Aug. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana