Throughout the years, I’ve heard Chicago-area residents- teachers included- talk about how screwed-up Chicago’s public school system is.
I am not a “product” or employee of the system, so I really can’t pass judgement either way.
However, after reading the following on the CBS Chicago website this morning, a clearer picture emerges as to why critics might think this way about the CPS:
Some people may think a five-year old is too young for sex education.
Administrators with Chicago Public schools do not.
New to the curriculum this year, mandatory sexual and health education for kindergarten classes.
CBS Chicago Video
Back in September 2012, the U.S. Department of Education found 79 percent of Chicago Public Schools 8th graders are not grade-level proficient in reading and 80 percent are not grade-level proficient in math.
Perhaps CPS administrators might want to steer their kindergarteners’ focus more towards reading and math instead of sex ed.
Just a thought.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“CPS Mandates Sexual, Health Education For Kindergarten.” CBS Chicago. 29 Aug. 2013. (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/08/29/cps-mandates-sexual-health-education-for-kindergartners/). 30 Aug. 2013.
Jeffrey, Terence P. “U.S. Department of Education: 79% of Chicago 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading.” CNSNews.com. 10 Sep. 2012. (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-department-education-79-chicago-8th-graders-not-proficient-reading). 30 Aug. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Missing ABC7 I-Team Info About Illinois Concealed Carry Security Breach
- Quote For The Week
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas