The Illinois State Police posted the following on August 30 concerning applications to be a concealed-carry instructor in Illinois. From the law enforcement agency’s website:
Approval Process of Certified Firearms Instructors and Training Courses Begins Immediately
SPRINGFIELD – In advance of the September 6th statutory deadline, Illinois State Police Officials today announced the Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor and Curriculum applications are available on its website. Qualified individuals interested in completing the application to become an Illinois certified firearms instructor or to have their firearms curriculum approved for use in Illinois can access the application at http://www.isp.state.il.us/
The Department has developed a registry which will include information regarding approved instructors who apply and successfully demonstrate they meet all of the statutory requirements as soon as applications are approved. Similarly, a list of approved courses will also be available on the ISP website.
Instructor applicants are required to first electronically submit fingerprints through an Illinois licensed Livescan vendor in order to expedite the background check process. Electronic fingerprint submission is necessary to ensure timely approval of instructors and allow individuals who want to apply for an Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms license access to the required training.
Instructor applicants seeking to become a certified Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor shall be: at least 21 years of age; a legal resident of the United States; possess or be eligible for a valid FOID card; and be eligible for a Concealed Carry License in Illinois.
Instructor applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate and have at least one of the following valid firearms instructor certifications:
• Certification from a law enforcement agency
• Certification from a firearm instructor course offered by a state or federal governmental agency
• Certification from a firearm instructor course offered by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board
• Certification from an entity approved by the Illinois State Police that offers firearm instructor education and training in the use and safety of firearms, such as the National Rifle Association of America (NRA).
Individuals interested in applying for a concealed carry license must successfully complete approved training from an approved Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor. Applications for a Concealed Carry License will be available in early January, 2014.
Before attempting to contact the Illinois State Police directly with questions, instructor applicants should refer to the ISP’s Concealed Carry FAQ at http://www.isp.state.il.us/ for information regarding the process for instructor and curriculum approval.
The Illinois State Police regularly updates its Concealed Carry FAQ’s with information regarding the Illinois Concealed Carry process.
To register as an Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor and to seek approval of a Concealed Carry License Firearms Curriculum, visit the Illinois State Police website here.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
2 Comments to Illinois State Police Posts Application For Concealed-Carry Firearms Instructor On Website
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?