I don’t envy Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel. If it’s not one crisis (like public pensions), it’s another, such as violent crime. The last couple of days, the Chicago Police Department has issued a number of community alerts (blogged about here). First, River North. Then, the West Loop. And now, the hopping Lake View (or Lakeview, as it’s often spelled) neighborhood. And leave what’s going on in one of my old stomping grounds to be, well, a little bit different. LeeAnn Shelton reported on the Chicago Sun-Times website last night:
A man in a clown mask is among a group of men robbing victims at gunpoint in the Lake View neighborhood on the North Side, police said.
Three men have approached people on the street and taken their cellphones, money, purses and wallets at gunpoint, according to a community alert from Area North detectives.
Locations of the strong-arm robberies include the 700 block of West Melrose Street and the 3100 block of North Clifton Avenue.
Watch out especially for the clown. It seems Homey struck one victim after they were forced to kneel before the muggers.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Shelton, LeeAnn. “Man in clown mask robbing people in Lake View.” Chicago Sun-Times. 25 Sep. 2013. (http://www.suntimes.com/news/22797168-418/man-in-clown-mask-robbing-people-in-lake-view.html). 26 Sep. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Republican Candidates For Illinois Governor Split On ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban?
- Quotes For The Week
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas