Tuesday night CBS affiliate Channel 2 News in Chicago ran a special segment about Illinois self-defense laws, and the push to change them in the wake of concealed-carry being legalized in the state. CBS 2 Chicago News co-anchor Kate Sullivan noted:
Some states have “stand your ground” or “Castle Doctrine” laws, defining when a person can use self defense. Illinois has neither.
Investigative reporter Dave Savini went on to talk to crime victims Richard Niemic and Homer “Tank” Wright, as well as Illinois State Representative Dennis Reboletti (R- Elmhurst), pointing out:
State Rep. Reboletti says he is looking at writing new legislation to help define self-defense laws, and take away some of the prosecutorial discretion.
“Gun Advocates Want Change To Illinois Self-Defense Laws”
CBS 2 Video
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
1 Comment to Illinois Self-Defense Laws To Change?
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Study: Illinois Government Bloated With 6,963 Local Governing Bodies
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70