Reports of “wildings” in downtown Chicago I’ve been blogging about for a few years now have been sparse lately.
But I won’t be surprised if that changes real soon. And just in time for the coming holiday season.
Back in May I wrote:
South Side youths intent on carrying out a flash mob/mob attack/wilding in downtown Chicago may find themselves unable to get to their destination this summer.
From the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) website this morning:
Coming: May 19, 2013
Faster. Smoother. Better.
Beginning May 19, 2013, the CTA will rebuild the tracks along the south Red Line, from Cermak-Chinatown to 95th/Dan Ryan—a project that will provide faster, more comfortable and more reliable service for Red Line riders…
I added later on in that post:
The closure is expected to last 5 months, until late October 2013.
Late October is here, and the Red Line construction project is complete. Andrea Darlas reported on the WGN Chicago website this morning:
Trains are running again along the South Branch of the CTA’s Red Line following the completion of a five-month, $475 million dollar reconstruction project.
Trains began running from the 95th Street to Chinatown’s Cermak stations beginning at 4am Sunday morning…
Great to hear, and especially glad for the city’s South Side residents.
However, I can’t help but wonder if the reopening of that branch of the CTA Red Line won’t be a mixed blessing for the city as wildings/mob attacks/mob actions/what have you are concerned, as troubled South Side “yutes” may be more inclined to hit downtown due to the easier commute going forward.
Of course, this would happen at a time when Chicago Police Department resources are stretched pretty thin already.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Darlas, Andrea. “CTA’s Red Line Reopens.” WGN Chicago. 20 Oct. 2013. (http://wgntv.com/2013/10/20/ctas-red-line-reopens/). 20 Oct. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Riot-Inspired Purchases During The Ferguson And 2011 England Unrest
- Future Riots In Store For Ferguson, Missouri, And Elsewhere In U.S.?
- This Is What A Good Old Fashioned Chicago Riot Looks Like
- 1992 Los Angeles Riots: ‘There Are No Atheists In Foxholes; There Are No Liberals In Riots’
- JM Bullion Has Silver Britannia, Silver Wood Bison Coins On Sale
- Peter Schiff Bullish On Foreign Stocks, Gold, And Silver
- Marc Faber: ‘The Gold Market Has Bottomed-Out’
- 22 States Now Recognize Illinois Concealed Carry License
- Robert Shiller: ‘The United States Stock Market Looks Very Expensive Right Now’
- Chicagoans’ Personal Safety Compromised By ‘Stoning’ Of Police In Ferguson, Missouri?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana