Reports of “wildings” in downtown Chicago I’ve been blogging about for a few years now have been sparse lately.
But I won’t be surprised if that changes real soon. And just in time for the coming holiday season.
Back in May I wrote:
South Side youths intent on carrying out a flash mob/mob attack/wilding in downtown Chicago may find themselves unable to get to their destination this summer.
From the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) website this morning:
Coming: May 19, 2013
Faster. Smoother. Better.
Beginning May 19, 2013, the CTA will rebuild the tracks along the south Red Line, from Cermak-Chinatown to 95th/Dan Ryan—a project that will provide faster, more comfortable and more reliable service for Red Line riders…
I added later on in that post:
The closure is expected to last 5 months, until late October 2013.
Late October is here, and the Red Line construction project is complete. Andrea Darlas reported on the WGN Chicago website this morning:
Trains are running again along the South Branch of the CTA’s Red Line following the completion of a five-month, $475 million dollar reconstruction project.
Trains began running from the 95th Street to Chinatown’s Cermak stations beginning at 4am Sunday morning…
Great to hear, and especially glad for the city’s South Side residents.
However, I can’t help but wonder if the reopening of that branch of the CTA Red Line won’t be a mixed blessing for the city as wildings/mob attacks/mob actions/what have you are concerned, as troubled South Side “yutes” may be more inclined to hit downtown due to the easier commute going forward.
Of course, this would happen at a time when Chicago Police Department resources are stretched pretty thin already.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Darlas, Andrea. “CTA’s Red Line Reopens.” WGN Chicago. 20 Oct. 2013. (http://wgntv.com/2013/10/20/ctas-red-line-reopens/). 20 Oct. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Missing ABC7 I-Team Info About Illinois Concealed Carry Security Breach
- Quote For The Week
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas