Reports of “wildings” in downtown Chicago I’ve been blogging about for a few years now have been sparse lately.
But I won’t be surprised if that changes real soon. And just in time for the coming holiday season.
Back in May I wrote:
South Side youths intent on carrying out a flash mob/mob attack/wilding in downtown Chicago may find themselves unable to get to their destination this summer.
From the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) website this morning:
Coming: May 19, 2013
Faster. Smoother. Better.
Beginning May 19, 2013, the CTA will rebuild the tracks along the south Red Line, from Cermak-Chinatown to 95th/Dan Ryan—a project that will provide faster, more comfortable and more reliable service for Red Line riders…
I added later on in that post:
The closure is expected to last 5 months, until late October 2013.
Late October is here, and the Red Line construction project is complete. Andrea Darlas reported on the WGN Chicago website this morning:
Trains are running again along the South Branch of the CTA’s Red Line following the completion of a five-month, $475 million dollar reconstruction project.
Trains began running from the 95th Street to Chinatown’s Cermak stations beginning at 4am Sunday morning…
Great to hear, and especially glad for the city’s South Side residents.
However, I can’t help but wonder if the reopening of that branch of the CTA Red Line won’t be a mixed blessing for the city as wildings/mob attacks/mob actions/what have you are concerned, as troubled South Side “yutes” may be more inclined to hit downtown due to the easier commute going forward.
Of course, this would happen at a time when Chicago Police Department resources are stretched pretty thin already.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Darlas, Andrea. “CTA’s Red Line Reopens.” WGN Chicago. 20 Oct. 2013. (http://wgntv.com/2013/10/20/ctas-red-line-reopens/). 20 Oct. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana