Reports of “wildings” in downtown Chicago I’ve been blogging about for a few years now have been sparse lately.
But I won’t be surprised if that changes real soon. And just in time for the coming holiday season.
Back in May I wrote:
South Side youths intent on carrying out a flash mob/mob attack/wilding in downtown Chicago may find themselves unable to get to their destination this summer.
From the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) website this morning:
Coming: May 19, 2013
Faster. Smoother. Better.
Beginning May 19, 2013, the CTA will rebuild the tracks along the south Red Line, from Cermak-Chinatown to 95th/Dan Ryan—a project that will provide faster, more comfortable and more reliable service for Red Line riders…
I added later on in that post:
The closure is expected to last 5 months, until late October 2013.
Late October is here, and the Red Line construction project is complete. Andrea Darlas reported on the WGN Chicago website this morning:
Trains are running again along the South Branch of the CTA’s Red Line following the completion of a five-month, $475 million dollar reconstruction project.
Trains began running from the 95th Street to Chinatown’s Cermak stations beginning at 4am Sunday morning…
Great to hear, and especially glad for the city’s South Side residents.
However, I can’t help but wonder if the reopening of that branch of the CTA Red Line won’t be a mixed blessing for the city as wildings/mob attacks/mob actions/what have you are concerned, as troubled South Side “yutes” may be more inclined to hit downtown due to the easier commute going forward.
Of course, this would happen at a time when Chicago Police Department resources are stretched pretty thin already.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Darlas, Andrea. “CTA’s Red Line Reopens.” WGN Chicago. 20 Oct. 2013. (http://wgntv.com/2013/10/20/ctas-red-line-reopens/). 20 Oct. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?