Jumping at the chance to obtain an “Illinois Concealed Carry License?” Just because the applications should be made available to the public by January 5, 2014, don’t expect to get your CCW permit issued right away. John Cody reported on the website of Chicago CBS affiliate Channel 2 yesterday:
Cook County Sheriff Tom Darts top policy aid briefed Cook County Commissioners on movement toward compliance with the new concealed carry law.
“The absolute earliest that a person could receive a license would be February 5 although that is extremely unlikely. It will be much likelier that in mid-April,” said Sheriff Dart’s Police Chief Kara Smith.
(Editor’s note: Italics aded for emphasis)
That mid-April issue date should come as no surprise to individuals who have read the concealed-carry FAQ section on the Illinois State Police website. It states:
How long will it take a citizen to obtain an Illinois Concealed Carry License?
Upon receipt of a qualified application, the ISP shall issue or deny the applicant an Illinois Concealed Carry License within 90 days, provided the applicant submits a full set of fingerprints in electronic format. If fingerprints are not submitted in electronic format, the ISP is granted an additional 30 days to complete a manual background check. In all cases, law enforcement agencies will have 30 days to file an objection once an application is received.
You can view the entire Illinois State Police “Concealed Carry” webpage here.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Cody, John. “Cook Co. Sheriff’s Office: Concealed Carry Likely By Mid-April.” Channel 2 Chicago. 23 Oct. 2013. (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/10/23/cook-co-sheriffs-office-concealed-carry-likely-by-mid-april/). 24 Oct. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas