Jumping at the chance to obtain an “Illinois Concealed Carry License?” Just because the applications should be made available to the public by January 5, 2014, don’t expect to get your CCW permit issued right away. John Cody reported on the website of Chicago CBS affiliate Channel 2 yesterday:
Cook County Sheriff Tom Darts top policy aid briefed Cook County Commissioners on movement toward compliance with the new concealed carry law.
“The absolute earliest that a person could receive a license would be February 5 although that is extremely unlikely. It will be much likelier that in mid-April,” said Sheriff Dart’s Police Chief Kara Smith.
(Editor’s note: Italics aded for emphasis)
That mid-April issue date should come as no surprise to individuals who have read the concealed-carry FAQ section on the Illinois State Police website. It states:
How long will it take a citizen to obtain an Illinois Concealed Carry License?
Upon receipt of a qualified application, the ISP shall issue or deny the applicant an Illinois Concealed Carry License within 90 days, provided the applicant submits a full set of fingerprints in electronic format. If fingerprints are not submitted in electronic format, the ISP is granted an additional 30 days to complete a manual background check. In all cases, law enforcement agencies will have 30 days to file an objection once an application is received.
You can view the entire Illinois State Police “Concealed Carry” webpage here.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Cody, John. “Cook Co. Sheriff’s Office: Concealed Carry Likely By Mid-April.” Channel 2 Chicago. 23 Oct. 2013. (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/10/23/cook-co-sheriffs-office-concealed-carry-likely-by-mid-april/). 24 Oct. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana