Jumping at the chance to obtain an “Illinois Concealed Carry License?” Just because the applications should be made available to the public by January 5, 2014, don’t expect to get your CCW permit issued right away. John Cody reported on the website of Chicago CBS affiliate Channel 2 yesterday:
Cook County Sheriff Tom Darts top policy aid briefed Cook County Commissioners on movement toward compliance with the new concealed carry law.
“The absolute earliest that a person could receive a license would be February 5 although that is extremely unlikely. It will be much likelier that in mid-April,” said Sheriff Dart’s Police Chief Kara Smith.
(Editor’s note: Italics aded for emphasis)
That mid-April issue date should come as no surprise to individuals who have read the concealed-carry FAQ section on the Illinois State Police website. It states:
How long will it take a citizen to obtain an Illinois Concealed Carry License?
Upon receipt of a qualified application, the ISP shall issue or deny the applicant an Illinois Concealed Carry License within 90 days, provided the applicant submits a full set of fingerprints in electronic format. If fingerprints are not submitted in electronic format, the ISP is granted an additional 30 days to complete a manual background check. In all cases, law enforcement agencies will have 30 days to file an objection once an application is received.
You can view the entire Illinois State Police “Concealed Carry” webpage here.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Cody, John. “Cook Co. Sheriff’s Office: Concealed Carry Likely By Mid-April.” Channel 2 Chicago. 23 Oct. 2013. (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/10/23/cook-co-sheriffs-office-concealed-carry-likely-by-mid-april/). 24 Oct. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?