Recently, the Chicago Police Department has been issuing a number of “community alerts” for North Side neighborhoods.
First, it was River North and the West Loop for strong-arm robberies.
Next, it was Lake View- also for strong-arm robberies.
Now, it’s iconic Lincoln Park and Old Town, as homes and businesses in these neighborhoods have been burglarized. Sarah Jindra reported on the WGN 9 Chicago website yesterday:
According to authorities, homes and businesses in Old Town and Lincoln park have experienced an increase in burglaries this month. Burglars pried open front doors and removed money from cash registers.
The most recent incidents happened between October 15th and 18th in the 400 block of West North Avenue, and in the 200 block of West Evergreen Avenue.
Two local homes were also burglarized.
Jindra noted all the burglaries took place in the early evening or overnight.
On a side note, when looking for the community alert on the Chicago Police Department website, nothing was posted on the 18th District’s “Crime Alerts” page. Someone over at the CPD should probably check into that.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Jindra, Sarah. “Community alert issued following Lincoln Park robberies.” WGN 9 Chicago. 24 Oct. 2013. (http://wgntv.com/2013/10/24/community-alert-issued-following-lincoln-park-robberies/#ndn-widget-embed-1-player). 25 Oct. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- 2013 Nobel Prize Winner Warns Of Possible Recession Next Year
- ‘Earthquake Lady’ Warns ‘Imagine America Without Los Angeles’
- Chicago Aldermen Push For Styrofoam, Polystyrene Food Container Ban
- Solar Scientist: July 2012 Coronal Mass Ejection And 1859 Carrington Event Show Need To Prepare
- Project Prepper, Part 23: Removing That Military Surplus Smell
- Chicago-Area Forest Preserves: Use With Caution
- Is This What A Prepper Expo Is Really Like?
- Chicago-Area Winter Survival Training Camp Planned For This Weekend
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- tj & the bear on ‘Earthquake Lady’ Warns ‘Imagine America Without Los Angeles’
- Rob Dawg on ‘Earthquake Lady’ Warns ‘Imagine America Without Los Angeles’
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?