Recently, the Chicago Police Department has been issuing a number of “community alerts” for North Side neighborhoods.
First, it was River North and the West Loop for strong-arm robberies.
Next, it was Lake View- also for strong-arm robberies.
Now, it’s iconic Lincoln Park and Old Town, as homes and businesses in these neighborhoods have been burglarized. Sarah Jindra reported on the WGN 9 Chicago website yesterday:
According to authorities, homes and businesses in Old Town and Lincoln park have experienced an increase in burglaries this month. Burglars pried open front doors and removed money from cash registers.
The most recent incidents happened between October 15th and 18th in the 400 block of West North Avenue, and in the 200 block of West Evergreen Avenue.
Two local homes were also burglarized.
Jindra noted all the burglaries took place in the early evening or overnight.
On a side note, when looking for the community alert on the Chicago Police Department website, nothing was posted on the 18th District’s “Crime Alerts” page. Someone over at the CPD should probably check into that.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Jindra, Sarah. “Community alert issued following Lincoln Park robberies.” WGN 9 Chicago. 24 Oct. 2013. (http://wgntv.com/2013/10/24/community-alert-issued-following-lincoln-park-robberies/#ndn-widget-embed-1-player). 25 Oct. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Missing ABC7 I-Team Info About Illinois Concealed Carry Security Breach
- Quote For The Week
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas