Recently, the Chicago Police Department has been issuing a number of “community alerts” for North Side neighborhoods.
First, it was River North and the West Loop for strong-arm robberies.
Next, it was Lake View- also for strong-arm robberies.
Now, it’s iconic Lincoln Park and Old Town, as homes and businesses in these neighborhoods have been burglarized. Sarah Jindra reported on the WGN 9 Chicago website yesterday:
According to authorities, homes and businesses in Old Town and Lincoln park have experienced an increase in burglaries this month. Burglars pried open front doors and removed money from cash registers.
The most recent incidents happened between October 15th and 18th in the 400 block of West North Avenue, and in the 200 block of West Evergreen Avenue.
Two local homes were also burglarized.
Jindra noted all the burglaries took place in the early evening or overnight.
On a side note, when looking for the community alert on the Chicago Police Department website, nothing was posted on the 18th District’s “Crime Alerts” page. Someone over at the CPD should probably check into that.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Jindra, Sarah. “Community alert issued following Lincoln Park robberies.” WGN 9 Chicago. 24 Oct. 2013. (http://wgntv.com/2013/10/24/community-alert-issued-following-lincoln-park-robberies/#ndn-widget-embed-1-player). 25 Oct. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana