Recently, the Chicago Police Department has been issuing a number of “community alerts” for North Side neighborhoods.
First, it was River North and the West Loop for strong-arm robberies.
Next, it was Lake View- also for strong-arm robberies.
Now, it’s iconic Lincoln Park and Old Town, as homes and businesses in these neighborhoods have been burglarized. Sarah Jindra reported on the WGN 9 Chicago website yesterday:
According to authorities, homes and businesses in Old Town and Lincoln park have experienced an increase in burglaries this month. Burglars pried open front doors and removed money from cash registers.
The most recent incidents happened between October 15th and 18th in the 400 block of West North Avenue, and in the 200 block of West Evergreen Avenue.
Two local homes were also burglarized.
Jindra noted all the burglaries took place in the early evening or overnight.
On a side note, when looking for the community alert on the Chicago Police Department website, nothing was posted on the 18th District’s “Crime Alerts” page. Someone over at the CPD should probably check into that.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Jindra, Sarah. “Community alert issued following Lincoln Park robberies.” WGN 9 Chicago. 24 Oct. 2013. (http://wgntv.com/2013/10/24/community-alert-issued-following-lincoln-park-robberies/#ndn-widget-embed-1-player). 25 Oct. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Riot-Inspired Purchases During The Ferguson And 2011 England Unrest
- Future Riots In Store For Ferguson, Missouri, And Elsewhere In U.S.?
- This Is What A Good Old Fashioned Chicago Riot Looks Like
- 1992 Los Angeles Riots: ‘There Are No Atheists In Foxholes; There Are No Liberals In Riots’
- JM Bullion Has Silver Britannia, Silver Wood Bison Coins On Sale
- Peter Schiff Bullish On Foreign Stocks, Gold, And Silver
- Marc Faber: ‘The Gold Market Has Bottomed-Out’
- 22 States Now Recognize Illinois Concealed Carry License
- Robert Shiller: ‘The United States Stock Market Looks Very Expensive Right Now’
- Chicagoans’ Personal Safety Compromised By ‘Stoning’ Of Police In Ferguson, Missouri?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana