Illinois readers looking to test fire their shotguns for the upcoming deer hunting season may be interested in the following press release from the Illinois State Police yesterday. From their website:
SPRINGFIELD, IL – The Illinois State Police (ISP) announced today its firing ranges will be open on November 16 to deer hunters for sighting in and test-firing their shotguns in a safe environment for the upcoming deer hunting season.
“The Open Range Program is offered in an effort to promote hunting safety by giving hunters access to ISP ranges for the purpose of sighting in their shotguns,” said ISP Director Hiram Grau. “This will provide an opportunity for shotguns to be checked in a controlled environment, with firearms experts present, ensuring the safe and appropriate use of the shotgun,” he added.
The Open Range Program is a collaborative effort organized every year by the Illinois State Police and the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR).
“This is a great program for hunters to make sure their equipment is in proper working order before going afield. I appreciate the Illinois State Police and their commitment to promote the safety of our sportsmen and women in Illinois,” said IDNR Director Marc Miller.
The public is asked to call one of the ranges listed below before the scheduled date to make a reservation. Targets will be provided, and there is no charge for use of the range. Participants must possess a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification (FOID) card, provide their own ammunition and transport the firearm legally by having it unloaded and enclosed in a case. The Open Range Program is not part of the Concealed Carry License program. Handguns will not be permitted at the ISP Ranges.
The following ISP Ranges will be open to the public from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on November 16, in Joliet, LaSalle, Macomb, Pawnee, and Pittsfield…
You can read the rest of the press release and retrieve range information on the Illinois State Police website here.
By Christopher E. Hill
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
2 Comments to Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?