Brrr. It’s been cold here in Chicagoland. But that’s what I love above this part of the country- the four seasons. And it’s only fitting that with a couple of inches of snow on the ground already (with more expected tomorrow) that I’d spot the following scheduled winter activity on the American Preppers Network website tonight. From the section entitled “Prepper Expos And Events”:
Saturday December 14th, 10AM Saturday till 10:00 AM Sunday. Goodenow Grove, Will County IL: Winter Survival Training Camp, Sponsored by Southwest Chicago Live Free USA, Camping optional, preregistration required. Planned activities: fire craft, cooking, winter survival skills, snowshoes, sleds, skies, Equipment testing, more. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sounds interesting. Reading this reminded me of when I attended a “Klondike derby” in the Chicago-area forest preserves as a Boy Scout many years ago. I learned quite a bit from the different “stations” that frigid winter day. I’d be willing to bet I’d learn a good deal more from this planned gathering.
Contact that e-mail address above to see if the event is still a go and/or to find out more information. As for the Live Free USA program, you can find out more about them here.
By Christopher E. Hill
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas