“There should be no doubt that I predict tough times ahead for the city. But it’s not just me who harbors such suspicion. Even the Chicago FOX affiliate, Channel 32 News, is running a series called ‘Chicago at the Tipping Point’ these days.”
-Survival And Prosperity, July 24, 2013
FOX 32 News in Chicago has been pretty busy with their “Chicago at the Tipping Point” project since I wrote the above. What is it? Political Editor Mike Flannery wrote on their website back on May 30:
FOX 32 News is starting a new series: “Chicago at the Tipping Point.”
We know — as you do — that Chicago is at a critical point, where things can either get better, or much worse. We want to know what you think about which way things will go.
Joblessness and violent drug gangs? Lousy schools and families fleeing? We’ll be looking at those connections in our city…
Recently, I happened to catch a series special entitled “Special Report: Jobs And The Economy.” Released at the end of November and hosted by Flannery and former FOX 32 News anchorwoman Robin Robinson, this production further confirmed for me that Chicago faces some major economic headwinds going forward, potentially making the city’s financial position even more precarious than it already is:
The special is worth checking out when you can spare 33 minutes and change.
In the meantime, for more information about the “Chicago at the Tipping Point” project, visit the FOX 32 News site here.
By Christopher E. Hill
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Flannery, Mike. “Chicago at the Tipping Point: New FOX 32 News Series.” FOX 32 News. 30 May 2013. (http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/22463117/2013/05/30/chicago-at-the-tipping-point-flannery-violence-drugs-schools-economy-jobs). 24 Dec. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana