“There should be no doubt that I predict tough times ahead for the city. But it’s not just me who harbors such suspicion. Even the Chicago FOX affiliate, Channel 32 News, is running a series called ‘Chicago at the Tipping Point’ these days.”
-Survival And Prosperity, July 24, 2013
FOX 32 News in Chicago has been pretty busy with their “Chicago at the Tipping Point” project since I wrote the above. What is it? Political Editor Mike Flannery wrote on their website back on May 30:
FOX 32 News is starting a new series: “Chicago at the Tipping Point.”
We know — as you do — that Chicago is at a critical point, where things can either get better, or much worse. We want to know what you think about which way things will go.
Joblessness and violent drug gangs? Lousy schools and families fleeing? We’ll be looking at those connections in our city…
Recently, I happened to catch a series special entitled “Special Report: Jobs And The Economy.” Released at the end of November and hosted by Flannery and former FOX 32 News anchorwoman Robin Robinson, this production further confirmed for me that Chicago faces some major economic headwinds going forward, potentially making the city’s financial position even more precarious than it already is:
The special is worth checking out when you can spare 33 minutes and change.
In the meantime, for more information about the “Chicago at the Tipping Point” project, visit the FOX 32 News site here.
By Christopher E. Hill
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Flannery, Mike. “Chicago at the Tipping Point: New FOX 32 News Series.” FOX 32 News. 30 May 2013. (http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/22463117/2013/05/30/chicago-at-the-tipping-point-flannery-violence-drugs-schools-economy-jobs). 24 Dec. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Riot-Inspired Purchases During The Ferguson And 2011 England Unrest
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana