Not only was the application for the Illinois Concealed Carry License, or CCL, up on the Illinois State Police website by the January 5 statutory deadline, but around 4,500 applications were submitted on the first day it was available to the public. Kerry Lester of the Associated Press reported tonight:
About 4,500 concealed carry permit requests were submitted on the first day that Illinois’ online application system was open to the public, officials said Monday.
The applications submitted Sunday during the system’s first 24 hours of operation brought the total requests to more than 11,000, said Monique Bond, a spokeswoman for the Illinois State Police. The other 6,500 applications came in recent weeks, as the firearms instructors were allowed by the state to apply for permits early in order to help “beta test” the functionality of the online application system. Detailed information about which parts of the state had submitted the most applications wasn’t yet available, Bond said…
Illinois lawmakers have projected that there would be 350,000 to 400,000 applications for concealed carry permits in the first year of the law…
According to the Illinois State Rifle Association website, the organization- formed in 1903 to train civilians in marksmanship skills- believes the earliest approved applicants would be receiving a permit to carry will be around April-May 2014. This coincides with what I blogged back on October 24:
Jumping at the chance to obtain an “Illinois Concealed Carry License?” Just because the applications should be made available to the public by January 5, 2014, don’t expect to get your CCW permit issued right away. John Cody reported on the website of Chicago CBS affiliate Channel 2 yesterday:
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart’s top policy aid briefed Cook County Commissioners on movement toward compliance with the new concealed carry law.
“The absolute earliest that a person could receive a license would be February 5 although that is extremely unlikely. It will be much likelier that in mid-April,” said Sheriff Dart’s Police Chief Kara Smith.
(Editor’s note: Italics aded for emphasis)
By Christopher E. Hill
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Lester, Kerry. “Illinois sees 11,000 concealed carry applications.” Rockford Register Star. 6 Jan. 2013. (http://www.rrstar.com/article/20140106/NEWS/140109743). 6 Jan. 2013.
1 Comment to 4,500 Illinois Concealed Carry License Applications Submitted On First Day Of Availability
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas