Houston Colt .45s
I’m not sure what it is, but I just had to give that ninja piece its own SOTT post. Perhaps it stems from the fact that some ancestor of mine was a Japanese pirate warlord who pillaged the Western Pacific some five hundred years ago (not too proud of that). Or maybe it’s because an uncle of mine from Canada got me hooked on martial arts films so much so that in the eighties I thought I wanted to be the next Joe Armstrong from the American Ninja series. Now that I think about it, flying around some Caribbean island on a crotch-rocket was all I really wanted to do.
Here’s another piece I recently came across that definitely qualifies as “Signs Of The Time” material. Therefore, I’ll designate it as a runner-up SOTT. While the gun rights movement has made tremendous strides in recent years, gun “control” efforts continue on unabated. An example of this is the attempt to eradicate the image of the gun in popular culture, like in professional sports. From Paul Lukas on the ESPN website last Friday:
You wouldn’t expect to see gun control happening in Texas, but that’s what will be taking place at a few Astros games this year.
Here’s the deal: The Astros are marking their 50th anniversary this season, so they’ll be wearing an assortment of throwback uniforms for Friday home games. That includes the uniform of the Houston Colt .45s, which was the team’s name for the first three years of the franchise’s existence.
But in a move that’s outraging uniform historians and firearms fans alike, the Astros have decided to make a significant tweak to the Colt .45s jersey design. They’re removing the smoking handgun.
Ugh. Whatever your thoughts about the Second Amendment, this is a design disaster. What’s the point of having a “C” formed by a whisp of gunsmoke when there’s no gun to produce the smoke?
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
You can read the rest of the piece on the ESPN website here.
Please Rate this Blog HERE
5,782 People Visited Last Month
307,026 Visited 11/22/10-5/31/13
- Illinois Concealed-Carry Latest: Attorney General Lisa Madigan Asks For Second Extension Of Deadline
- Bloody Father’s Day Weekend In Chicago: 8 Killed, 39 Others Wounded By Gunfire
- Quote For The Week
- Lloyd’s Of London Releases Chilling Report On Solar Storm Risk To North American Electric Grid
- Illinois State Rifle Association’s Synopsis Of Illinois Concealed-Carry Bill
- Jim Rogers: Chinese Yuan Could Appreciate 500 Percent In Next 20 To 30 Years
- World’s Largest Active Bond Manager Predicts More Than 60 Percent Chance Of Global Recession In Next 3 To 5 Years
- Wisconsin Bill Would Bar Local, State Cops From Enforcing Unconstitutional Federal Gun ‘Control’ Measures
- Mayor Rahm Emanuel Won’t Say No To Property Tax Hike To Bailout Chicago Public Schools
- Marc Faber Buying Vietnamese Stocks, Considering Chinese, Japanese Shares In The Future
- Editor on Seen On The Streets, Part 8
- Neil Trout on Seen On The Streets, Part 8
- Editor on Quote For The Week
- Randy on Quote For The Week
- Editor on RSS Feed Setting Changed
- anonymous on RSS Feed Setting Changed
- Editor on A Lesson For Preppers From ‘The Twilight Zone’
- zooeyhall on A Lesson For Preppers From ‘The Twilight Zone’
- Editor on Quote For The Week
- Editor on Chicago Reporter Goes Off Anti-Gun Reservation