From the cable/satellite TV channel that brought us Doomsday Bunkers (wonder what ever became of that show?) comes a new televised survival competition. From the Discovery Channel website Wednesday:
WHOSE TURN IS IT TO PLAY THE GAME?
In DUDE, YOU’RE SCREWED, five of the world’s most elite, thrill-seeking survivalists will find out! The seven-part series is the newest twist in the survival genre, premiering on Discovery Channel Sunday, December 8th at 10:00pm ET/PT, and on Animal Planet in early 2014.
Unprepared and left to fend for yourself, what would you do if you were captured, blindfolded and taken to an unknown, remote location? Viewers are about to find out as these five survivalists must prove they have what it takes week after week as they play this “game” that puts all of their skills to the ultimate test.
Each survivalist has a different background:
-Terry Schappert, a Green Beret, A -Team leader, medic, sniper and close combat specialist
-John Hudson, an Extreme Survival Instructor for the UK Royal Air Force
-Matt Graham, a primitive skills expert and a desert survival instructor
-Jake Zweig, a former Navy SEAL, certified in Surface Warfare & as a dive safety officer and helicast master
-Tom Moore, a veteran Army Scout, bush craft master and wilderness guide
Each survivalist is captured one at a time by the other four. The capture could take place at work, at home, at a coffee shop, ANYWHERE! They must always be on guard. Then, they are dropped in one of the world’s harshest environments and must make their way back to civilization, alive and unscathed, all within 100 hours, or it’s game over!
Meanwhile, the other four compatriots monitor and scrutinize the target’s progress (and vital signs) from a nearby remote command center. It’s man against nature (and his four “best” friends) as each action-packed, dramatic episode of DUDE, YOU’RE SCREWED crisscrosses the globe — from dense jungles to frigid glaciers — to match wits in this game of survival. With reputations and bragging rights on the line, do these guys have what it takes to survive the ultimate challenge?
To win the game you got to do more than just survive.
“Screwed In Iceland”
Discovery Channel Video
“To win the game you got to do more than just survive.”
To watch the show, I’d have to be a cable or satellite TV customer- which I’m not right now.
Of course, Discovery Channel is more than welcome to send me an advanced screening copy to preview/review.
Regardless, Dude, You’re Screwed does sound kind of interesting. Here’s hoping they keep the “reality” TV drama to a minimum though. Discovery Channel, Sunday, December 8, 10 PM ET/PT. Check it out.
By Christopher E. Hill
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?