The Blaze TV
Yesterday I mentioned Glenn Beck’s The Blaze TV. The more I watch the channel on satellite TV (DISH Network ch. 212 in Chicago), the more I’m impressed with it. As a matter of fact, a terrific prepper/survivalist-themed “reality” TV show on The Blaze is Independence USA. I discussed what this successor to Apocalypse PA is about back in a September 14 post. I also noted at that time:
Starting Sunday, September 16, new episodes of Independence USA will be airing on TheBlazeTV.
And I intend to be watching.
As for those episodes I missed? Here’s hoping there will be an Independence USA marathon sometime soon.
Well, I have been watching, and it appears season 2 has ended after 10 episodes (season 1 comprised 8 installments).
Here are some thoughts about Independence USA after their sophomore season:
• Regular readers of the blog know I watch a good deal of “doomsday” TV. The Blaze TV’s Independence USA is “reality” TV, not unlike National Geographic Channel’s Doomsday Preppers and Discovery Channel’s Doomsday Bunkers. And like the other two television series, it’s good. Real good in my opinion.
• I like to watch Doomsday Preppers because I’m curious to see what Americans across the country are doing to prepare for TEOTWAWKI. I like watching Doomsday Bunkers because I’ve always been fascinated by underground shelters ever since I was a kid, and I like the technical aspect of the show. As for Independence USA? Frank Belcastro and his family are “preparing for the worst, one unbelievable project at a time.” While the family is very likeable, it’s the projects that really draw me in. I find myself eagerly anticipating Sunday night to see what projects (old and new) Frank, wife Kim, son Adam, and daughter Emma are working on to bring them closer to achieving self-sufficiency.
• Regarding the projects- discussion and information provided about them isn’t really too in-depth. Just enough to give viewers an idea of why they’re needed and what’s entailed in making them happen. If I’m really interested in finding out more about something I saw in an episode, I just jump on the Internet and start digging around. My favorite Belcastro project from the episodes I’ve seen has to be the underground shelter made from a shipping container. Very cool.
• It was obvious from watching the episode that featured their remote campsite and “new” cabin cruiser that the Belcastro family and Independence USA plan on sticking around for a while. That would be nice. Make it happen Glenn.
• The Blaze could really run with this TV series. Doomsday Preppers has a tremendous presence on the Nat Geo Channel portion of the National Geographic website (which comes to no surprise as it’s their highest-rated television series). The same could be done with Independence USA on The Blaze TV area of TheBlaze.com. At the very least, the “Episodes” area of the show’s webpage could use more detail. The Blaze TV wasn’t picked up by the DISH Network until recently. As such, DISH customers missed season 1 of Independence USA. I’ve seen a bunch of episodes now, but I’m not too sure which season they belonged to. I also know I didn’t see all of them in order. I saw a greenhouse being built on top of the buried Belcastro bunker in one episode, and the bunker being installed in a “later” one. Yep- more info on the show’s webpage would be real nice to help viewers keep track of things. Also, how about an Independence USA marathon for DISH Network customers, or replaying all 18 episodes of season 1 and 2 before the next season premieres? Like I said, The Blaze could really run with this show.
In my opinion, The Blaze has a real gem here with Independence USA. I think it could rival Doomsday Preppers in popularity if Glenn Beck’s crew play their cards right.
You can find out more information about the show on TheBlaze.com here.
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Republican Candidates For Illinois Governor Split On ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban?
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas