Back on December 15, 2010, I mentioned I had come across a History Channel pilot about a family from “somewhere in Pennsylvania who were striving to achieve self-sufficiency in anticipation of a catastrophic event.
That TV pilot was called Apocalypse PA.
In subsequent communications with one of the family members, Emma, I learned that the History Channel decided against picking it up as a TV series.
Them, some time ago I learned that Apocalypse PA had been reincarnated as Independence USA on Glenn Beck’s GBTV.
I had already planned on reviewing the show when it was announced that TheBlazeTV (formerly GBTV) had launched on DISH Network, and being a subscriber to the satellite TV network, I now have the ability to watch the successor to Apocalypse PA on Sunday nights at 8 PM Eastern Time. From their page on TheBlazeTV website:
The show follows Frank Belcastro and his family as they try and become completely independent and prepare for life “off the grid.”
Concerned that the economy could collapse? Or that a natural disaster could wipe out our infrastructure? So is Frank, and he is doing something about it! Believing that America has become too reliant on a crumbling foundation, Frank is preparing for the worst, one unbelievable project at a time. Follow Frank as he attempts to motivate a family that neither shares his fervor nor wishes to sacrifice the comforts and conveniences of 21st century life as they prepare for a life “off the grid.”
“Grow Your Own”
Starting Sunday, September 16, new episodes of Independence USA will be airing on TheBlazeTV.
And I intend to be watching.
As for those episodes I missed? Here’s hoping there will be an Independence USA marathon sometime soon.
You can read more about the television series here on TheBlazeTV website.
While surfing the satellite TV tonight, I came across a new DISH Network channel:
Yes, the very same Blaze project belonging to former FOX News Channel program host Glenn Beck. From TheBlaze TV website this morning:
Continuing on an upward trajectory, Wednesday marks the one-year anniversary of TheBlazeTV– formerly GBTV — with a significant expansion into the world of satellite television. Partnering with DISH Network, Glenn Beck’s online 24-hour news, information and entertainment network will now be available on television exclusively on DISH, joining a host of channels including MSNBC, BBC America, CNN, Current, Comedy Central and FOX News.
After launching exactly one year ago, TheBlazeTV rapidly grew into one of the world’s most subscribed-to online streaming networks. TheBlazeTV will be available to DISH viewers on channel 212 as part of DISH’s America’s Top 250 package or a la carte for $5 a month. The channel launches on Wednesday, September 12, at 5 p.m. EDT.
TheBlaze and its host of established and emerging talent including Andrew Wilkow, S.E. Cupp, Buck Sexton and Will Cain, will offer its programming as a free preview for all DISH customers through Sept. 26.
Of course, TheBlazeTV will continue to be available online at TheBlaze.com, where on-demand programs can be accessed with the click of a mouse.
I watched the new channel for an hour-and-a-half tonight, and was pretty impressed. Accord to Glenn Beck, TheBlazeTV isn’t owned by some major corporation, has zero debt, and will call out both major national political parties as Beck and his staff see fit.
You can read more about the project on TheBlaze TV website here.
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- ‘Earthquake Lady’ Warns ‘Imagine America Without Los Angeles’
- Chicago Aldermen Push For Styrofoam, Polystyrene Food Container Ban
- Solar Scientist: July 2012 Coronal Mass Ejection And 1859 Carrington Event Show Need To Prepare
- Project Prepper, Part 23: Removing That Military Surplus Smell
- Chicago-Area Forest Preserves: Use With Caution
- Is This What A Prepper Expo Is Really Like?
- Chicago-Area Winter Survival Training Camp Planned For This Weekend
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?